The Student Ministry of F&K focuses our on Kindergarten through College age students. We offer several options for your student to connect with others in their age group. Our Student Ministry is divided into multiple age groups and is staffed by great adults that desire to help your student navigate through these years.
The Youth Group at Fishinger and Kenny encompasses students grades 7 through 12. The emphasis is on the work of spiritual and sound development of our teenagers to prepare them for Christian adulthood. This is done in a Christ centered environment of praise to God, education, service work, retreats, devotionals, mission trips, and wholesome social activities. There is always something going on for the youth here at F&K. Between youth camp, Bible Bowl, food bank collections, and volunteer activities—all youth can find an activity to join in and make new friends.
Fort Hill Christian Youth Camp:
Fort Hill provides an opportunity for kids to escape the pressures of city life and have fun in a safe and spiritual setting. Camp is open to boys and girls ages 7 to 18. Each week is filled with organized sports, games, nature, and personal development, both physical and spiritual. Our goal is to provide an environment where children can develop in the same manner as Jesus, in "wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and men".
Nestled in the hills of southern Ohio, Fort Hill Christian Youth Camp is a wonderful place to learn about God and His Word. Since its inception in 1949, the camp has enabled thousands of teens and young children to grow physically, mentally, socially, and spiritually.
The primary focus of the Fort Hill experience is the spiritual development of youth. The camp is governed and operated by Christian men and women. Bible classes, devotionals, special speakers, and the opportunity to share life's victories and difficulties with fellow Christians all contribute to making Fort Hill a very special place.
For more information contact us or visit the Fort Hill's website.
Paul wrote to Timothy,
“When you come, bring the cloak that I left with Carpus at Troas, also the books, and above all, the parchments.”
-2 Timothy 4:13
Paul had need of books: how much more the growing Christian of today needs the stimulus of books for reference, for Bible study, for inspiration in Christian living!
The library at Fishinger and Kenny is a teaching tool, important to study for the individual, the class, and the congregation. The library supports the mission of the church as well as the growth of individual members' faith. The Christian, in his study of the Bible, needs the information, discoveries, examples and distilled ideas found in books.
Throughout the year various student programs are hosted by families in the church that plan and execute many different activities. Below is a list of the events that take place every year:
- Adopt a College Student - College students are matched with a family in the congregation to help provide them support while they are away at school. This may involve taking them out to lunch after church, surprising them with a care package, enjoying a home cooked meal, or simply getting to know them better. Both our students and families get a lot out of this program.
- Bible Bowl - Each year we pick a book of the Bible to study for our Bible Bowl program. Study begins in January culminating with the Bible Bowl competition in late March or early April. Many of the kids also compete in the Lads to Leaders Bible Bowl competition in April in Kentucky.
- Gingerbread House - Each holiday season students ages Kindergarten through 6th grade enjoy building and decorating their own gingerbread house.
- Gods Girls - This program is for girls in 3rd through 6th grade. The group is involved in several service projects and fellowship activities throughout the year.
- Kings Daughters - This program is for girls is 7th through 12th grade. The group is involved in several service projects and fellowship activities throughout the year.
- Teen Project Giving - The teens every year adopt a few families for the Holiday season and provide gifts and a meal.
- Teen Progressive Dinner
- Senior Graduation Banquet